Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Questions????

Day two of no voice......I did find it necessary to make a stop at the grocery store yesterday.  All was going just fine except for a short stop for a cough drop (found it in the bottom of my purse).  I have been feeling fine during this whole thing so I can see where people may not realize that I can not communicate with them.  I got to the check out with my necessary food items....and I was ready for the "Did you find everything okay" question....I responded with a smile and a big head nod. Then the next question got me!  Do you have any coupon?  There was a small one stuck to one item.  I pointed to it and mouthed that I could not talk.  The checkout person found it and then.....Ask how long has it been without your voice?  Have I tried saltwater?  Did you catch a cold first?  Has this ever happened to you before?  Is it quiet at your house?  I gave her a croak noise, smiled and ran out the door.  (After I paid for the items of course!)